so here's one of my latest thoughts: take it or leave it, argue it, let me know what you think. so you know that kind of giggly feeling you get when you see a cute/hot/good-looking boy? where all you can do is say/think "oh my goodness, that is attractive"? i saw one yesterday. and i thought that to myself. and i almost reprimanded myself for feeling that way, cuz why would i care what someone looks like, it's all about the heart, right? well, then, i remembered that the gift of attraction between people is totally that - a gift, from God. and if that little feeling is what i get when i appreciate beauty in the human race, how much more will i feel when i see my bridegroom, Jesus, coming in the clouds, filled with glory??! i tell you that feeling of appreciation will become much more, and you won't have any idea how to live with so much emotion, desire and love in your heart, but you get to, because Jesus wants us to live with him forever!!!!! thank you Jesus for providing a way for us to be in relationship with you, forever and for loving us so extravagantly! thank you!
and thank you for the weather....sunshine is so good! thank you for my friends, their encouragements and love, for my family and their oh-so-practical love and encouragement! annie isn't coming home tomorrow after all, she was able to change her flight so she could stay in germany for a week, but thank you for bringing her home safely anyways!
"when we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world" ~ 1 cor. 11:32
that's the other little thought, from bible study last night. thank you Holy Spirit for conviction, for it speaks of God's grace to us!
4 comments:
good post! I don't think there's anything wrong with admiring God's creation. God said himself that what He made was good! You're right, the gift of attraction is from God. However, sometimes it's easy to start thinking about the creation more than the Creator!....it can be a fine line. But, I don't think there's anything wrong with saying, "God, You're an amazing artist!"
Marcia,...first, dropped by your blog through Maurices, I love that you love John Eldridge, God has really used his work to revolutinize my entire relationship with Him. What you said was soooo true...I always jokingly say when I'm out with the girls..."God must have spent a little more time on that one." or "Oh isn't that a fine piece of God's craftsmanship", I feel like those fluttery feelings are all things engrained in us to draw us closer to the beauty and majesty of Christ...I want my heart to flutter more often at the thought of Christ...I could go on, but I will digress...You are going on my Favorites...if that is alright!
My mother who is going to be 89 this summer says, "He's easy on the eyes," when she sees some handsome young man! And then she smiles. Spoken like a true southern lady! :)
My mom says that too, but she's only 49, and definitely not a southern lady!
Post a Comment