i'm going through the gospel of Mark right now. there are a few things i'm noticing that recur like crazy. Jesus HEALS! and sometimes he can't. it all hinges on belief and faith. now this can be a touchy subject because these days people can be blamed for not having enough faith to be healed. and i don't think that's right. but is interesting to notice how often Christ went somewhere and unbelief prevented more miracles. i'm not even sure where i stand on this, because if you say "if you believe enough, it will be" you're bound to be judging people for unbelief. maybe it's something that is required for miracles, but not a guarantee of miracles. does that make sense? Our belief may be rewarded with a miracle, but our belief alone does not dictate a miracle. there are other factors.
another interesting thing i noticed was that when Christ sees the crowds and has compassion on them, he often begins to teach. for example, in chapter 6:34 it says "he had compassion on them....so he began teaching them..." that's of interest to me especially because i'm going to be a teacher. compassion is key to teaching, i think. if you cannot have loving compassion for the "lostness" of your students, whether they are lost spiritually or mathematically, your approach to teaching them will be ineffective. it will be condescending, as from a position of power only, not from a position of encouragment and sharing. wow, my ed.today prof would love it that i'm journalling about teaching in the summer!
yesterday was the first catch of the summer!!!!!! lori and kendra came over and we played catch....i was the worst at throwing, i can't believe it! it's been two years since i've played for a team, and i guess you can tell :( but the girls were very encouraging. after i over-threw to lori and hit our swingset, kendra said "that's really good, marce, it takes talent to hit that pole!" i was better by the end, i should say. but still. a little disappointed in my accuracy. but it was still lots of fun to be able to throw and catch a baseball....i miss it!!!! i think i'm going to go outside and start some batting practice :)
3 comments:
Marcia, you were not the worst, I was, I just didn't even attempt to throw it even a little bit hard. I had fun too.
hey marce, I haven't had a chance to read these in a while...it's surprising how little I check these when I don't have to procrastinate doing my homework. to answer your question from your last entry...it's spelled "Tschuss" actually with an esset (however you spell that) at the end. Catch was fun...and my arm isn't even sore today! we'll have to do that again sometime. maybe get out the whole basball gear next time? ;)
sorry...it's baseball not basball...really I do know how to spell...and I forgot to mention how good-looking you are in a cowboy hat! you would pass the cowboy hat game with flying colours!! hee hee!
Post a Comment