Wednesday, January 25, 2006

He has given me everything
And I pray
“Make me uneven
I want to lean on you, God.”

a friend of mine wrote those words.

sometimes i find i'm trying so hard to be balanced. to make sure i do enough of everything in my life so that i'm not missing out on anything. to be "all i can be". but too often that striving makes me think i'm all because of me. i don't want to be me. i want to be dead. that sounds extreme, i know. but i don't want to live out of who i am, who i can be. i want to live out of who God is, and who he can use me to be. so my prayer has become "make me uneven." i want to remove all that supports my selfishness and lean on Him alone.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love that...it is brilliant an profound and so true...I would never have looked at it that way!