Monday, January 17, 2005

fun pie, ladies christian fellowship and no beaded necklaces

wow. what a weekend. what a rockin' awesome, intense, outreach-like, blessed and crazy weekend. i am now fully qualified to run ladies fellowship fundraising meals - if you havent' heard already, we played a much bigger role in joanna's wedding than we expected. six girls in a buick, in below -35 weather, ending up in assiniboia, sk, where we proceed to decorate, make fabulous meat platters, become techies, babysitters, hairdressers and the ultimate ladies fellowship! it was weird to have all that responsibility without expecting it, but! we were able to bless joanna, and for that i am thankful. joanna was the most beautiful bride ever, and it was exciting and scary to see teh love they had for each other. scary, only in that one day it may happen to me, and someday it will happen to nearly every one of us! but beautiful. she sang, and i love listening to her sing. special times. don't worry it's not a disease.

and then i got home for about a half hour, during which i showered and left to go tobogganing with people from church! amazing times were had by all, at paul's house too, where he was very outnumbered and all the boys present spoke with english accents. unfortunately, no beaded necklaces were made. perhaps another time.

i'm talked out. maybe i'll add more later....
last thought: i hate being conscious and aware of the fact that we are now aware of the fact that we are single. and would like relationships. and that one boy out there will be the one. i'd rather be oblivious.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sweet Oblivion..please return! I completely agree with what you mean! When you're oblivious you don't really care. I'm good with being single at this point but sometimes it's hard to be. I know that God has other stuff in store FIRST but sometimes I want to jump ahead and make sure there really is a guy out there for me...sweet oblivion. I like that!
Bless you, Marce! I love your title!

Lori said...

you have such a way with words. I know what you mean about no longer being able to be oblivious. I would never have been able to say that as eloquently as you, but I totally agree. can hardly wait to see you sometime...maybe we'll go skating?!? see ya